Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Me, Me and Me...and some Chik-fil-A

My name is Elvis Garcia as you may already know since you logged on or are checking my blogs. I was born in Baltimore, Maryland but am currently, as you may notice, living in Georgia. I didn’t always live in Maryland too long though. After living in Maryland for about 7 or 8 years my Mother decided we should try something new and we moved to Minnesota ,where we had a lot of family open handedly ready for us to arrive. After living in Minnesota for around 2 years we moved to Georgia with my step dad. So basically that’s sort of where I have lived at. Other than that my major is Journalism with a concentration in Telecommunications. I am also minoring in Music. With my major I plan to hopefully get an internship at CNN and or Cartoon Network at Turner Broadcasting. Some of my favorite books would consist of the famous Harry Potter Series and the Percy Jackson Series. Along with that all of the Harry Potter movies receive my respect and any Horror or suspense film.
            To be honest when I read this article I want really surprised by what I read. In my understanding Chik-fil-A has always been a Christian based restaurant. Yes to some it may seem wrong that they do not support same-sex marriage or any type of homosexual content but growing up in the religion I grew up in my understanding would be the same as CFA. I’m not saying that I’m totally against same-sex marriage or that I hate gay people, all I am trying to say is that in my belief I believe that it is wrong but not for those reasons will I discriminate against it. I have many friends whom have a gay or bi status. I treat them the same as I treat any other friends of mine but in Gods eyes I don’t believe it is the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment